Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 1, 2011

More winter prep

I spent the last two mornings 6:45 to 7:45 in the attic turning the insulation to fluffy side down and paper on the top. I also pulled it away from the soffet vents. Everytime I enter the attic thru the hatch in the hall there is a whooosh of air up. Not good, that means the roof vent is pulling harder then the soffet vents. It also means the roof vents will try to pull air from the house thru the insulation. More reasons to get better air flow into the attic.

while I was up in the attic this morning, I replaced the tape that holds the insulation around the duct going over to the master bedroom. The other duct needs work but I ran out of tape and its way the heckover on the north side which is harder to get too. I still have only seen light ( and hence air flow) on the Northwest corner of the attic. Need to spend more time on the north, maybe tonight.

I put the extension ladder up the side of the house and got grey foam insulation on the airconditioner cold line all the way up the wall to the roof. I can see the line in the attic but I will be belly crawling thru the insulation to wrap the foam insulation round it. Another morning project. Its only gonna make a difference in summer temps, I need to be sure what ever I do covers both seasons.

I am even watering the big trees as I am losing some branches on one of the big oaks. Suddenly the leaves turned yellow. It maybe too late, but I watered anyway. One of the star Jasimine gave out and the shrimp plant turns black and then a few days later replaces the missing stems. One jasmine is still trying to climb the chain but it is very slow progress. The lantana is hanging on but not producing blooms. I lost one of the 3 vincas atop the water tank. I have 4 more waiting to replace it. I wonder if those are ready for full sunshine?

No comments:

Post a Comment