Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Big Thunder Storm and rain last night

Lots of lightening flashes and then rain all at once. The wind tore two grommets out of the sun sheild over the deck and the one over the little garden. My round gardens were completely flooded, as I forgot about all the runoff from under the deck. It was sure cool this morning. Openned the windows and cooled the whole house down quickly. I headed for Home Depot and got more rain gutters. I fixed the one on the south side of the house so it does not leak and put in a larger rain barrel (85gal). That barrel is moved to the back (North side) of the house. Most of the deck is guttered enough to catch any rain tonight.
I picked up a free red Oak about 18" tall, and some small elms and put them in the island until they mature. Maybe tomorrow I will cut more from the cedars.
time for bed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment