Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 17, 2011

Got two soffet vents installed









I started with the easiest vents, those on the lower roof and in front on the south side and for summer thats the side with the prevailing wind. Two working soffets are now located on either side of the large window under the eaves. I called Dana the installer and she talked me thru the required procedures.
I also made a small tool to pull the panels apart.
After removing the nails along the green metal edge I removed the soffet and added a large hole to allow air to enter the attic. I also added a chute to make sure no one could push the ceiling insulation and block the soffet. Its important to have good air exchange to remove moisture from the attic and keep the temperature oderate. All our air conditioning ducts are in our attics and will pickup any extra heat from the attic air. Anyway the lower roof is done, I know the procedure and tomorrow I get to do the two story side of the house. That should make a big and measureable difference.
I also started some bean sprouts and set up two small container gardens on the north and shady side of the house. There is talk of 20% chance of rain later next week. We even had a small forest fire in Leander over near Mike's house. Its out now but things were touch and go on thursday.
time for another shower and bed, night all

No comments:

Post a Comment